Under the program EB-5 program, investors have:
- A direct route to a Green Card via the EB-5 Visa (United States Permanent Residency)
- Permanent Residency in the United States for you, your spouse and any children under the age of 21
- Freedom to live, work and retire anywhere in the United States
- US Citizenship route after 5 years of being a Green Card holder
- Children may attend college/university at U.S resident costs
The investment must be in a new commercial business enterprise or in a troubled business. Commercial enterprise means any for-profit activity formed for the ongoing conduct of lawful business including, but not limited to:
- A sole proprietorship
- Partnership (whether limited or general)
- Holding company
- Joint venture
- Business trust or other entity, which may be publicly or privately owned
Job Creation Requirements
- Create or preserve at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers within two years (or under certain circumstances, within a reasonable time after the two-year period) of the immigrant investor’s admission to the United States as a Conditional Permanent Resident.
- Create or preserve either direct or indirect jobs
Capital Investment Requirements
Required minimum investments are:
- General. The minimum qualifying investment in the United States is $1 million.
- Targeted Employment Area (High Unemployment or Rural Area). The minimum qualifying investment either within a high-unemployment area or rural area in the United States is $500,000.